db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject lang/infostreams.sql
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:44:32 GMT
While searching the old testsuite for more tests related to "derby.log"
that I could port to junit, I came across lang/infostreams.sql. This
test seems to do basically nothing, except that the database gets booted
by the test framework with a number of special properties set in
lang/infostreams_derby.properties that seem related to the derby error
stream. The problem is that most or all of these properties don't seem
to be supported, at least I have trouble finding any code in Derby that
handles them. I found a list of properties in the tuning guide, but
couldn't find these properties there either, can I trust that list to be
complete? Does anyone know anything about this test, or the properties
it is designed to test?

If these properties are in fact supported I would like to expand the new
junit test, ErrorStream.java, to test them. If not, then I think
lang/infostreams.sql should just be removed from the old testsuite.

Vemund