db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject SecurityPolicyReloadingTest, ok to disable default security manager?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:19:20 GMT
The test SecurityPolicyReloadingTest loads its own initial policy file
so does not need to install the default test policy file. The test
currently loads the default test policy file and then installs its own
policy file using SecurityManagerSetup.  I would like to change the test
to eliminate the first step of installing the default test policy, which
currently is not relevant to the test.

Why change it?
I am testing a pre-release jdk and installing the default test policy
file with the sqlAuthorizationDecorator causes problems where we lose
all permissions and all subsequent tests to fail. I would like to get
the tests running and create a new test SQLAuthTest to debug this
problem without affecting the other tests.  Please let me know if you
have any concerns.