db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing a SecurityManager by default when the server boots
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:19:43 GMT
To clarify the statement I received and passed onto the community.  The
'positive reaction'  was to the OR case:
  ...Or should we consider turning off this feature in the upcoming 10.3
maintenance release?

With the current behavior (starting the security manager by default),
this group is looking at having their upgrade installer add the
-noSecurityManager flag to the NS startup scripts for their existing
installations.  In addition they are discussing issuing a caution about
this behavior in their release notes in case a customer has created
their own startup script and do not specify a security manager.