db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Can't run Derby 10.3 on CDC platform
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:06:55 GMT
I am able to run Derby 10.2 on the phoneME implementation of the CDC
platform. That is, using Derby 10.2 on that platform, I am able to
successfully create a database and query the system tables. So far so good.

However, when I run the same experiment with Derby 10.3, the database
fails to boot because it can't find an appropriate DataValueFactory.
This is true whether I use the Derby 10.3 jars, current jars built from
the mainline, or the classtree built from the mainline. I would
appreciate clues about what changed in 10.3 which would cause this behavior.

Thanks,
-Rick

For the record, I'm including the script I use to boot a Derby database
on the phoneME platform:

#! /bin/bash
#
# Run an ij script in the phoneME vm
#
# $1 is the script to run

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CDC_HOME/lib

cd ~/demo/tearoffToPhone/data

$CDC_HOME/bin/cvm -Xbootclasspath/a:$JSR169_HOME/lib/jsr169.jar \
  -cp $DERBYJARS/derby.jar:$DERBYJARS/derbytools.jar \
  -Dij.dataSource=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource \
  -Dij.dataSource.databaseName=sample  \
  -Dij.dataSource.createDatabase=create \
  org.apache.derby.tools.ij $1