db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: bumping the third digit for maintenance release
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 20:43:19 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> At some point I need to bump the version from 10.3.1.5 to 10.3.2.0 for
> the maintenance release release candidate.  Should this happen right
> before the release candidate is made or should it have occurred right
> after the last release was finalized?
>
> Kathey

Hi Kathey,

I think the pattern we have been following lately is this: When the
release manager begins preparing the first candidate, she bumps the
third (or second) digit. After generating each release candidate, the
release manager bumps the fourth digit. That, at least, is the advice
given by http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

Regards,
-Rick