db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jvm crash in OnlineBackupTest4.sql with jdk 1.5?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:23:24 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Now that the failures in suites.All for windows/vista are fixed (Thx
> Knut Anders!) I noticed that there's been a failure reported - almost
> every day - in store/OnlineBackupTest4.sql with jdk 1.5, mostly for
> linux but also on other operating systems...
>
> I did some clicking on histories, and it seems this first occurred on
> 9/21/2007.
>
> And it looks like the jvm plays possum?

Hi Myrna,

Yes, I think this is a JVM problem. It seems like the first failure
coincides with the JRE on the test machines being updated from
1.5.0_07-b03 to 1.5.0_12-b04. I'll take a look at it and see if I can
reproduce it. I'll also test it with the newest 1.5.0 release (1.5.0_13,
I think) and file a bug report against the JVM if it still fails.

--
Knut Anders