db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: DRDA confusion
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:03:34 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand how the DRDA spec is implemented in the
> client driver and on the server. Specifically how to write and parse
> an SQLSTT command.
>
> The implementation of NetPackageRequest.buildSQLSTTcommandData(String)
> inserts an SQLSTT code point into the message, but the encoding of the
> bytes that follow does not match the specification in the DRDA
> manual. It states (Vol 3, page 825) that SQLSTT takes an instance of
> BYTESTRDR (len, 0x044, ... bytes ...). But
> buildSQLSTTcommandData(String) ends up calling buildNOCMorNOCS(String
> string) which seems to encode the SQLSTT value as either
>
> (0x00, len, ... bytes ..., 0xff)
> or
> (0xff, 0x00, len, ... bytes ...)

After some more reading it seems like the value of an SQLSTT is "a
sequence og bytes" but it does not have to start with the 0x44 code
point. It seems like the rules governing what a legal value is
determined by the FD:OCA descriptor...

But I still don't understand where the DRDA spec defines the two
formats that can be used... Does anyone have the chapter and verse
which descibes this?

Thanks,
--
dt