db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: How to donate code to Apache (Derby)
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:15:15 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> "Jean T. Anderson" <jta@bristowhill.com> writes:

[snip]

>> right, derby has two post-incubator ip clearance check lists on
>> file:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm.html
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/derby-2134-contribution-tests-ibm.html
>>
>> at least we have good experience processing contributions. :-) So don't
>> let the process put you off.
>
> OK, thanks Bryan and Jean, I'll start reading :)

I'm reading
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm.html

In the section titled "Verify distribution rights" there are two items
that I don't quite understand:

"Check that all active committers have a signed CLA on record."

and

"Remind active committers that they are responsible for ensuring that
a Corporate CLA is recorded if such is required to authorize their
contributions under their individual CLA."

I assume that 'active committers' refer to people contributing to the
code being donated? (As opposed to existing Derby committers). What's
the definition of 'active' in this context? At least one contribution
in the last six months?

Thanks,

--
dt