db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Converting tests to junit
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:22:19 GMT
Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostgaard@Sun.COM> writes:

> I was a bit surprised to find these two tests that test functionality
> of the derby error stream in the derbylang suite, which I expected to
> be only sql-related tests. Maybe they didn't fit well in any other
> suites either. Is it a goal for the conversion to keep basically the
> same set of subsuites as in the old harness testsuite?

Hi Vemund,

If there are tests that you think are misplaced, they should be moved
into the appropriate suite when they are converted to JUnit, IMO. If
none of the existing ones seems to fit, I think you should just go ahead
and create a new suite. The suites are fairly lightweight in JUnit, so
if it makes the structure clearer, I think it's worth the extra effort.

--
Knut Anders