db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramin Moazeni" <rmoaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding DERBY-1272
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:10:42 GMT
Hello

In writing test for DERBY-1272, I receive the following exception
1)testDerbyLog(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.DerbyLogTest)java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission derby.system.home read)

and the reason is because I am trying to get the derby.system.home property:
 String derbyHome = System.getProperty("derby.system.home");

The only way I was able to get around this was to disable the security manager
as follows:
java -Djava.security.policy="<NONE>" junit.textui.TestRunner
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.DerbyLogTest

Is is this the right approach? Is this documented anywhere or is this a bug?

Thanks
Ramin

PS. I tried adding
permission java.util.PropertyPermission "derby.system.home", "read";
util/derby_tests.policy whcih didn't resolve my problem.