db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Are connectEventListeners supported with 10.3?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:03:35 GMT
Is it true that the javax.sql.ConnectionEventListener is not supported
by the ClientConnectionPoolDatasource?  The attached program does not
display the event messages when the network server is shutdown during
the application run.  To view the problem:
1) start network server (I specified -noSecurityManager to eliminate
that added complexity)
2) run the program AND
    when the following message is displayed, stop the Network Server
within 15 seconds:
         * now kill the NS while I sleep for 15 secs*
The program will continue with the message:  now try to use the
connection after you killed the nS
Only an exception is displayed:
Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: A network protocol
error was encountered and the connection has been terminated: the
requested command encountered an unarchitected and implementation
-specific condition for which there was no architected message
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.LogicalConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at DerbyNotification.main(DerbyNotification.java:61)

Derby-941 lists the specifcation for both ConnectionEventListener  and
StatementEventListener but it appears that only StatementEventListener
was implemented.  If this is true are there plans to support
ConnectionEventListeners?

I hope I have just made a dumb error setting this up and someone can
correct me.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,  Stan