db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Holum <ho...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Suggested changes to Building.txt trunk
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:21:16 GMT
We (Svein Erik Løvland and Henrik Holum) have updated the building.txt
document for Derby Trunk. We built the code following every step of the
document, and here are our suggested changes.  A review of the changes
would be appresiated.

Removed the empty subsections, and updated the section and subsection
numbers. We also updated the references according to the new subsection
numbers.
Removed 2.2.3 and 2.2.4
Renamed 2.2.5 -> 2.2.3, 2.2.6 -> 2.2.4 and 2.2.7 -> 2.2.5

2.1
Added 3 directories

2.2.1 (1)
Changed the URL so it points directly to a folder were you can find the
correct version.

Can we use Ant 1.7.0, or do we have to use 1.6.x? If 1.7 can be used,
the old link (http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi) can still be used,
but then the text in this section should be updated to indicate that you
don't have to use 1.6.x.

2.2.2 (2) and (4) (Windows)
Updated the URLs to point directly to download pages for the desired
java versions

2.2.3 (Previous 2.2.5)
Can we use Junit 3.8.2 or does it have to be 3.8.1? if Junit 3.8.2 can
be used the link can be replaced with
http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/junit/junit3.8.2.zip. Also
update the text to indicate these changes (3.8.*)

2.2.5 (Previous 2.2.7)
Moved the Optional tag to be consistent with 2.2.4 (Previous 2.2.6)
We updated references in the note to reflect the new subsection number.

3.3 (3)
Updated the number of jar files with local support to 13 instead of 9.

We have used Windows XP, so we have not checked the *nix or Mac settings.

Hope this is helpfull

-Henrik and Svein Erik