db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Converting tests to junit
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:48:36 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostgaard@Sun.COM> writes:
>

>> I was a bit surprised to find these two tests that test functionality
>> of the derby error stream in the derbylang suite, which I expected to
>> be only sql-related tests. Maybe they didn't fit well in any other
>> suites either. Is it a goal for the conversion to keep basically the
>> same set of subsuites as in the old harness testsuite?
>>

> Hi Vemund,
>
> If there are tests that you think are misplaced, they should be moved
> into the appropriate suite when they are converted to JUnit, IMO. If
> none of the existing ones seems to fit, I think you should just go ahead
> and create a new suite. The suites are fairly lightweight in JUnit, so
> if it makes the structure clearer, I think it's worth the extra effort.

I was thinking of the directory/package structure under
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/
As far as I could understand the subdirectories there are the basis both
for the old harness suites and for the subsuites under suites.All?

The tests I am looking at are for the "derby.log" file and
derby.stream.error.* properties. Looking at the Derby modules this
functionality seemed closest to the engine module. Maybe a new "engine"
suite could be the right place?

Vemund