db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Compilation problem - head of trunk and JDK6
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:34:03 GMT
Jørgen Løland wrote:
> In the current proof of concept replication code, we boot the slave
> database by calling
>
> Database db =
>    (Database)Monitor.findService(Property.DATABASE_MODULE, dbname);
>
> This requires org.apache.derby.iapi.db.Database to be imported. With the
> head of trunk, this import results in compilation errors that seem to be
> related to VTIs and probably the new requirements to compile environment
> (see further down for compile error). Any ideas for how I should proceed
> with this? The problem was probably introduced this or last week.
>
> To get this error, add "import org.apache.derby.iapi.db.Database" to
> NetworkServerControlImpl.java and compile with JDK6.

I get this error without any changes to NetworkServerControlImpl.  (My
only changes are some local changes in LogToFile).  I think the problem
is that VTI demo does not implement Blob methods that are new to JDBC 4.

I guess either the build system should not compile this class with JDK6,
or the JDBC 4 methods should be implemented.

--
Øystein