db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making Derby a top level Apache project
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:53:59 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Recently, the DB PMC discussed whether we should make Derby a top level
> Apache project. The consensus seemed to be that a) Derby is mature
> enough to be a top level project, b) no-one felt passionately one way or
> another, c) therefore this decision should be left to the Derby
> community. It seemed to me that the major argument for promoting Derby
> to be a top level project was
>
> + This would increase Derby's visibility.
>
> The major argument against promoting Derby to the top level was
>
> - This would force us to rototill our website.

Just to note that all of the above is Rick's opinion and not any
official position of the DB-PMC.

I personally think there was at least one reason given that was more
significant that updating the web-site. Since the discussions on DB-PMC
are private I'll leave it to the individual who raised it there to raise
it here if they so desire.

Dan.