db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Making Derby a top level Apache project
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:47:06 GMT
Recently, the DB PMC discussed whether we should make Derby a top level
Apache project. The consensus seemed to be that a) Derby is mature
enough to be a top level project, b) no-one felt passionately one way or
another, c) therefore this decision should be left to the Derby
community. It seemed to me that the major argument for promoting Derby
to be a top level project was

+ This would increase Derby's visibility.

The major argument against promoting Derby to the top level was

- This would force us to rototill our website.

What do you think? Should we move Derby to the top level?

Thanks,
-Rick