db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: How to donate code to Apache (Derby)
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:30:58 GMT
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
>
> Even though we are no longer part of the incubation process, we think
> that these policies are wise ones.

Actually, the page makes it quite clear that these policies apply
to existing projects, not to incubating projects:

   "This is for projects and PMCs that have already been created
    and are receiving a code donation into an existing codebase.
    Any code that was developed outside of the ASF SVN repository
    and our public mailing lists must be processed like this,
    even if the external developer is already an ASF committer."

So I think it's quite clear that this is the intended process
for situations like the one you describe.

thanks,

bryan