db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Workbench or other GUI
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:59:19 GMT
Hi Siamak,

Some work has already gone into creating management tools for Derby.
Please take a look at DERBY-1387. That issue describes a JMX-based
scheme for managing Derby servers and databases. It would be great if
you could piggyback your work on top of those JMX extensions. I think
you will discover that the people working on the JMX beans are wrestling
with (and solving) the same issues which you will need to face as you
build a management gui.

Thanks,
-Rick