db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should BrokeredStatement.isClosed() be public?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:46:25 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> BrokeredStatement implements an isClosed() method with protected access.
> That method is overridden with a public isClosed() in
> BrokeredStatement40.  Testing with a new 1.6 jdk this leads to a
> IllegalAccessError when  stmt.isClosed() is accessed.  Should
> BrokeredStatement.isClosed() be public?  This patch seems to make the
> error go away.  If noone objects, I'll run tests and commit.

I object!

Before changing the access, it should be determined why that method is
being called directly from user code in JDK6.

In a JDK 6 environment I assume that the code should be using a
BrokeredStatement40. If user code is calling the
BrokeredStatement.isClosed() method then that indicates that instead a
BrokeredStatement object is being used, that would be a bug.

Dan.