db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.2 branch
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:09:48 GMT
Ioana Ursu wrote:

>  I noticed that in the recent branch some of the files changed (e.g.
> AddJarConstantAction.java and a few others in impl.sql.execute). Is
> this expected?

It is not ucommon for fixes to be backported to the maintenance
branches.  Sometimes we roll those into a maintenance release and
sometimes not

 >What is the procedure for applying patches/fixes to a particular
release and how does that affect the >source code?

You can use svn merge to merge fixes and then run tests. Then post a
patch or just the merge command to the issue if the merge was
automatic.  Check the patch available checkbox and a committer will look
at the change.  When merging changes to the branches you may want to
consider the stability of the branch. Typically fixes and minor
improvements are o k, but large features are not.  If I merge a change
to 10.2 I typically will also merge it to 10.3 as well  to allow upward
mobility without regression.

Hope that answers your question.

Kathey