db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Bugfixing and 10.3 maintenance release
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:50:18 GMT
I've been thinking quite a bit about the bug backlog  and was wondering
what it might take to get the community motivated to fix bugs. I decided
that what might really help is a maintenance release.  We already have
some valuable fixes in 10.3 which users have asked for.  If each
developer were willing to put in a couple more we could have a valuable
maintenance release in December.    Who would be willing to participate
if I were to volunteer to be release manager for a release December
10?   By participate I mean would you be willing to make fixes or test
the release?  If we get enough community enthusiasm for the release I
think it is worth doing.

Below are some reports you might find useful:

Open Code Bugs [279]

Open Product Regressions [8]

Regression Test Failures [61]  (Yikes!)

Shorter list of high value fix candidates. Please add as you see appropriate

View raw message