db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From raybristol <rayg...@gmail.com>
Subject java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:21:33 GMT

hi, I am using eclipse plugin for derby, I apply derby nature in multiple
projects, however when I try to start the derby from the menu I got:

Security manager installed using the Basic server security policy.
2007-10-01 15:16:41.125 GMT Thread[main,5,main]
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
derby.log read)
org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.embeddedDriverAcceptsURL(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.acceptsURL(Unknown Source)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.startNetworkServer(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.blockingStart(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.executeWork(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl.main(Unknown Source)

however, in one project I can start the derby server correctly without above
error, so I don't understand why I above errors in other projects?

Many thanks,
Ray