db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject Re: When is 10.3.1.5 release planned?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:37:19 GMT
Yes, DERBY-3061 is my big issue. Its a blocker for me.
I prefer to hold back on updating rather than use a un-released version.

Thanks

Tim



Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 9/17/07, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>> Tim Dudgeon wrote:
>>> Is there a schedule for a 10.3.1.5 release?
>>> The wiki docs don't seem to go beyond 10.3.1.4 and I need a release
>>> with a bug fix that has been made since 10.3.1.4.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>> Thanks for raising the question, Tim. I think the next maintenance
>> release on the 10.3 branch will be called something like 10.3.2.0. I can
>> think of a couple issues which gate the release of 10.3.2.0:
>>
> 
> Tim, I believe you are specifically/especially interested in the fix
> for DERBY-3061, which was backported to the 10.3 branch...
> 
> I'd like to point out that you are completely free to take the fixes
> that have gone in to the branch and build your own jars. You can think
> of that as a patched version.
> 
> The judgement call is whether you think the (published) ongoing
> functional testing (see for instance Sun's 'Daily tests' for the 10.3.
> branch on http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/), and the testing done
> by the committers before checking in (and of course your own testing),
> is enough compared to the more involved testing for a 'blessed'
> release, or whether you can wait until/if someone volunteers to push
> for a new version off the 10.3 branch.
> 
> Myrna
> 


Mime
View raw message