db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When is 10.3.1.5 release planned?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:36:48 GMT
> Tim Dudgeon wrote:
> > Is there a schedule for a 10.3.1.5 release?
> > The wiki docs don't seem to go beyond 10.3.1.4 and I need a release
> > with a bug fix that has been made since 10.3.1.4.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tim
> >
> Thanks for raising the question, Tim. I think the next maintenance
> release on the 10.3 branch will be called something like 10.3.2.0. I can
> think of a couple issues which gate the release of 10.3.2.0:

Tim, I believe you are specifically/especially interested in the fix
for DERBY-3061, which was backported to the 10.3 branch...

I'd like to point out that you are completely free to take the fixes
that have gone in to the branch and build your own jars. You can think
of that as a patched version.

The judgement call is whether you think the (published) ongoing
functional testing (see for instance Sun's 'Daily tests' for the 10.3.
branch on http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/), and the testing done
by the committers before checking in (and of course your own testing),
is enough compared to the more involved testing for a 'blessed'
release, or whether you can wait until/if someone volunteers to push
for a new version off the 10.3 branch.

Myrna