db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Mathijssen <s.j.e.mathijs...@student.utwente.nl>
Subject Storage engine modifications
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:41:56 GMT
Hi all,

First of all, I'm new to the mailinglist, apologies in advance ;)

At the moment, I am looking into Derby for completing an academic
research project at my university. The project might involve several
modifications to the storage engine (raw and access) to help me
accomplish the goal. I am actually looking for someone or something
to help me out with the internals of the data storage engine of
Derby. I cannot give all the details of the project right now, but if
you are interested in giving me some information about the storage
engine in Derby, please contact me personally and I will let you know
what the modifications are about. I need to pinpoint the place where
the modifications need to be implemented.

I already found an introductory help file [1] telling me more about
the internal structure of pages, containers, records and so on. This
IS helpful but I need to know more of what happens when someone
inserts a tuple, deletes a tuple etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,,
Sven Mathijssen