db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Requiring Java 5 compiler
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:26:10 GMT
Hi Stan,

With the Java 5 compiler, we will still compile the J2ME support. That
won't change. This proposal does not introduce any issues for people who
use the small platform.

For the record, a release manager could use the Java 5 (or 6) compiler
today to build a fully competent Derby distribution which would run
everywhere that 10.3 does.

This proposal is not about removing capabilities. It is about adding new
capabilities.

Hope this is more clear.

Regards,
-Rick