db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Requiring Java 5 compiler
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:15:15 GMT
Hi Bryan,

I was thinking of something even simpler, but I don't know if this will
work for you. Let me know if this is too simple:

o Joe Developer has to install Java 5 on his machine.

o The shell window which runs the build has to be running with Java 5 or
higher. That is, $JAVA_HOME needs to point at a Java 5 or Java 6
installation and when you type javac in that shell window, this should
resolve to the corresponding (Java 5 or Java 6) compiler.

Will this work for you?

Thanks,
-Rick