db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From V Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject DaemonFactory vs Threads in derby
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:27:47 GMT
Hi,

I am working on the LogShipper design for the Replication work. During this

course of that work I am at a place where I need to design a seperate thread
that ships log chunks from the master to the slave. I initially decided on
designing this by using the derby DaemonFactory. But I realize that
there will
be a ShippingDaemon to which only one thread that ships the log records
would
be registered.

I am not sure if this adds to the shipper being more efficient? Would a
thread
be a more efficient option here? would using the DaemonFactory have a
advantage
over using a thread?

Narayanan