db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Trying out NB6.0 project in Derby...
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:18:27 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:
> Hi, Bernt.  Yes, I encountered this too.  I am researching it.
> Someone in NB has suggested that our build.xml is assuming that the
> ant jar files are always in the classpath, and under NB they are not.
> It means adding the ant jar files to the classpath for this target.
>
> I'll investigate this and see if that solves the problem as soon as I
> get a little breathing room.
>
> David
>
> On 9/18/07, Bernt M. Johnsen <Bernt.Johnsen@sun.com> wrote:
>> ... I get
>>
>> Compiling 2 source files to /export/home/tmp/DevDerby/trunk/classes
>> /export/home/tmp/DevDerby/trunk/java/build/org/apache/derbyBuild/ChangesFileGenerator.java:31:
package org.apache.tools.ant does not exist
>> import org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException;
>>
>> ... and I can't figure out what the heck to do now. Any ideas?

With the help of John's excellent writeup at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby?highlight=%28Netbeans%29#head-681537d04a4de5433e397238dd9bf22eaf8611cb
I fixed this by setting

	ant.library.dir=<path>

as described on the wiki.  The way you enter this differs a bit in
Netbeans 6, but it is still easy to figure out how to set it if you
follow the description.

Now I can build Derby, but I get SecurityException when I try run the
targets buildjarsclean and junit-core.  Anyone have any ideas on how to
solve that?

--
Øystein