db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Storage engine modifications
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:30:37 GMT

> helpful but I need to know more of what happens when someone inserts a
> tuple, deletes a tuple etc.

The wonderful thing about open source is that, for questions like these,
you can simply set up a test, set a breakpoint in your debugger, and
step through the Derby source code.

The Derby code has been very carefully written and there are clear
comments in the code to help explain the tricky parts.

As you read the code and step through it, feel free to post specific
questions to the list, and I'm sure the various members of the list will
be glad to respond.

thanks,

bryan