db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: When is release planned?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:04:18 GMT
Tim Dudgeon wrote:
> Is there a schedule for a release?
> The wiki docs don't seem to go beyond and I need a release
> with a bug fix that has been made since
> Thanks
> Tim
Thanks for raising the question, Tim. I think the next maintenance
release on the 10.3 branch will be called something like I can
think of a couple issues which gate the release of

1) Generally, we wait for a big drop of localized error message strings.
These are the translations to our supported languages of all of the new
error messages introduced by the previous feature release (in this case, Does anyone have a sense of when those translations will turn up?

2) Someone has to volunteer to be release manager for Myrna
(with some help from Andrew and myself) cat-herded the last release.
This would be a good opportunity for someone else to learn the mechanics
of producing a Derby release. Generally, a maintenance release is less
work than a feature release so for some intrepid, curious soul this
would be a good introduction to the release process.

View raw message