db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Trouble building old derby trunk versions
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:03:15 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>> On 9/10/07, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to build revision 485682:
>>>
>>> With ant.properties:
>>> jdk16=C:/p4/marsden_trunk/jdk16
>>> j14lib=C:/p4/marsden_trunk/jdk142/jre/lib
>>> j13lib=c:/p4/marsden_trunk/jdk131/jre/lib
>>> jsr169compile.classpath=C:/p4/marsden_trunk/wctme5.7/ive/lib/jclFoundation10/classes.zip;C:/p4/marsden_trunk/wctme5.7/ive/lib/jdbc.jar

>>> sane=false
>>>
>>> I get:
>>>
>>> compile_iapi_jdbc_jsr169:
>>>     [javac] Compiling 10 source files to C:\svn2\trunk\classes
>>>     [javac]
>>> C:\svn2\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\jdbc\EmbedConnection.java:94:

>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Emb
>>> edConnection is not abstract and does not override abstract method
>>> releaseSavepoint(java.sql.Savepoint) in java.sql.Conn
>>> ection
>>>     [javac] public class EmbedConnection implements EngineConnection
>>>     [javac]        ^
>>>     [javac] 1 error
>>>

>> Looks like you have JDK 1.4 / JDBC 3.0 classes in the classpath, and
>> the build is expecting JDK 1.3 / JDBC 2.0 for this target.
>>
>> What is your setting for compile.classpath? You could try setting it
>> equal to ${java13compile.classpath} in your ant.properties to see if
>> that gets the right classes into your classpath for this target.
>>

> Adding
> compile.classpath=${java13compile.classpath}
>
> to my ant.properties seems to make no difference.
>
> I did not have compile.classpath set in my ant.properties before.
> Kathey

With help from Andrew and Myrna I was able to get this going although
with something of a hack.
:The verbose output showed it was looking for empty.jar in an odd
location and there was a message

dropping C:\svn2\trunk\tools\java\tools\java\empty.jar from path as it
doesn't exist

I don't know why it was looking for empty.jar at this location, but I
copied it there and got past the error.

Then I got cryptography errors and had to copy jce1_2_2.jar to tools/java.

Then I was able to build successfully.

Thanks all for the help.

Kathey