db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hard upgrade vs soft upgrade : Using 10.3 database against main codeline without upgrade=true flag
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:52:03 GMT
It appears the issue is that Derby engine code (main codeline) is still at
10.3 software version for the data dictionary
DataDictionaryImpl.boot method line 472
softwareVersion = new DD_Version(this, DataDictionary.DD_VERSION_DERBY_10_3
);

And that is why the soft upgrade code never kicked in because main codeline
does not think there is any upgrade allowed.

So,the solution is that the Derby main codeline needs to be changed to
reflect that it is not 10.3 data dictionary version.

Mamta