db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sample release announcement
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:04:44 GMT
Hi Rick - A few comments below:

> Derby 10.3.1.4 introduces the following new behaviors:

*** (LS) Derby isn't human so "bahaviors" is not correct. Should be
"features" or "capabilities".

>  o Restricts shutdown, encryption, and upgrade powers to the DBA.
*** (LS) I think "powers" should be "authorization"

>  o Installs a default security manager for the network server.
*** (LS) I believe that the documentation initial caps Network Server.

>  o Creates tables based on a query shape.
*** (LS) I've never heard of a query "shape". We should try to use a
different word.  If you can explain to me what you mean, I can suggest
another word.

--
Laura Stewart