db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramin Moazeni" <rmoaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on DERBY-2905
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:09:53 GMT
Hello,

I have a question regarding DERBY-2905: Shutting down
embedded Derby does not remove all code, the AutoloadDriver
is left registered in the DriverManager.

In this case, if the user sht down the DB, the Autoloaded
driver is successfully un-registered from the DriverManager.
Now, If we consider the following scenario that the
user shuts down the DB and explicitly loads the
Embedded driver, which one of these drivers will
be loaded: 1) AutoloadedDriver or Driver40

In case of 1.1, if the user explicitly loads the
Embedded driver, Driver30 would be loaded.

The reason for this question is that if Driver40
is loaded, there will be some errors in suites.All
that needs to get fixed as follows:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40 cannot be
cast to org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver

which can be fixed in EmbedDataSource.java.

I just have to make sure what is the right Driver to load
after DB shutdown if the user decides to explicitly load
the Embedded driver?

Thanks
Ramin Moazeni