db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramin Moazeni" <rmoaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Common Junit test conversion mistakes
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:28:16 GMT
Hi Kathey

Some comments I have regarding the test conversions:
1) no need to close the statements created with createStatement() as
they are now cleaned up automatically.
2) to get expected SQLStates:
 * use the canon file located at functionTests/master/someTest.out to
capture expected SQLStates.
or
 * put System.out.println("Expected message: "+ e.getSQLState() +":" +
e.getMessage()); statements in the new test, to get the SQLStates

Ramin