db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What fix version to use for fixes merged to the 10.3 branch?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:53:27 GMT

> I've lost track of the snapshot conversation. We produced a couple alpha
> snapshots of the trunk last year, before we cut the 10.2 branch. Have we
> ever publicly produced snapshots from a branch? I'm not talking about
> private snapshots here. I'm talking about distributions which are
> published for the community to test, as described at the end of the
> release instructions page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease
>
> I seem to recall that there was some uneasiness about using Apache
> websites to publish these unvetted snapshots.

Not uneasiness, simply not allowed by Apache release policy. Here's
that conversation:

http://www.nabble.com/new-release-policy-requires-changes-on-Derby-site-tf2647304.html#a7387765

Here are some earlier mail threads about the use of the Affects and
Fix versions:

http://www.nabble.com/Clarification-needed-bout-filing-JIRA-issues---Fix-vs-Affects-Versions-tf2541072.html#a7128032
http://www.nabble.com/Not-tracking-snapshots-in-JIRA-past-a-release-%28was-Re%3A-could-someone-add-10.2.1.7-to-jira-%29-tf2398131.html#a6687541

I know there are others, since this but I was having trouble finding
them in the haystack, since every JIRA mail that gets sent includes
the affects and fix versions.

andrew