db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What fix version to use for fixes merged to the 10.3 branch?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:48:25 GMT
On 8/13/07, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > Thanks for pointing this out, Bryan. I have marked 10.3.1.4 as
> > released. I have also added 10.3.2.0 as the next release vehicle on
> > the 10.3 branch.
> >
> I thought tradition was to bump the forth digit after release.
> (10.3.1.5) and wait until shortly before the maintenance release to bump
> to 10.3.2.0, to indicate the additional testing was done for the
> maintenance release.   This is a useful model for users pulling fixes
> off of the  maintenance branch, because the version shows that their
> have been changes since the official release but no additional formal
> testing done beyond the nightlies.

It's also useful to have whatever is currently reported as the version
in sysinfo available as an option in JIRA.

I added a 10.3.1.5 to JIRA, but it doesn't appear that the version
number has been bumped yet. Typically that is done right after
generating the release candidate artifacts. If noone objects, I'll
bump the version number on the branch to 10.3.1.5 later this evening
or tomorrow morning.

Also, I'll merge all the development versions in JIRA into the
released 10.3.1.4, now that they are no longer needed. This step
should be added to the DerbySnapshotOrRelease instructions, as I don't
believe that specific task is mentioned there yet.

andrew