db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploying 10.3.1.4 to the Maven repository
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:35:51 GMT
On 8/10/07, Kim Haase <Camilla.Haase@sun.com> wrote:

> I don't see anything on that page about updating
> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html to create a new section
> for this release. Do you know who is expected to do that?

Good catch. I've put the 10.3 doc files in the correct locations on
people.apache.org. They should be visible at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3 in about an hour.

Rick, do you have time to update the website? I don't have forrest
installed on the machine I'm currently working on. I noticed you were
editing the SnapshotAndRelease page, let me know if you'll have time
to add this information there as well.

For future reference, here's a handy script for rearranging the docs
from a -bin distribution. You would call this like so:
rearrangedocs.sh
/home/rhillegas/public_html/10.3.1.4/db-derby-10.3.1.4-bin.zip

mkdir ~/10.3
cd ~/10.3
unzip $1
mv db*bin/docs .
mv db*bin/javadoc ./publishedapi
rm -r db*bin

for i in adminguide devguide getstart ref tools tuning
do
  mv docs/pdf/$i/*.pdf docs/html/$i
  rmdir docs/pdf/$i
done

mv docs/html/* .
rmdir docs/html
rmdir docs/pdf
rmdir docs

The resulting 10.3 directory can then be moved directly into
/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/

cheers,
andrew