db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject where are we documenting how to run the Upgrade tests these days
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:02:26 GMT
We seem to have two web pages partially describing how to run our
upgrade tests:

trunk/java/testing/README.htm
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting

If you search for "upgrade" in the first page, you end up in a section
called "Some test harness properties" and are told how to run the old
harness upgrade test by setting the derbyTesting.jar.path property.

If you search for "upgrade" in the second page, you arrive at a broken
link called "UpgradeTesting"

Meanwhile, there is a junit UpgradeRun test in the codeline. This test
depends on your correctly setting the derbyTesting.oldReleasePath property.

I have a couple questions:

1) Is the old harness upgrade test obsolete?

2) Where is we docment the junit UpgradeRun test?

3) Where should we point the broken link?

Thanks,
-Rick