db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Stroffek <Julius.Strof...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Student from IIT Kharagpur, Intrested in Contribution for Apache Derby Project (Code for Freedom contest)
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:02:17 GMT
Hi Harish,

nice to read that you are interested in derby. There are a couple of
sources of information that might be helpful for you.

There is an issue tracking system of apache at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

There are all the issues people requested to got implemented in derby.
The development of all issues is tracked there. Feel free to pick up any
issue you are interested in and find it as a good one to start with. You
need to register on JIRA first and then ask someone on this list to give
you a developer access.

There is a developer wiki which describes
development/contribution/release processes and some things about derby
internals
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/

There are some papers that describe derby internals at
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html

If you will have any further questions, search the derby archives on
http://www.nabble.com/Derby-f356.html or ask the people on the derby-dev
or derby-user lists.

Thanks

Julo