db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r566359 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java: engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/junit/ tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/ij/
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:57:30 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>>> Just curious, why add a new test class instead of just adding the
>>> fixture to the existing test for DatabaseMetaData?
>>>
>> Well with the upgrade tests DatabaseMetaData runs with old versions that
>> 1) Don't support synonyms
>> 2) Don't have the fix for this bug.
>
> Hmmmm, that's not what is intended. The comments where the
> DatabaseMetaDataTest is run indicate that it is only run with the new
> level of the software (in soft upgrade & post hard upgrade) so it should
> work. Any failure indicate that there is still a bug.

OK - I get it, because that fixture create synonyms, that will not be
available in soft-upgrade.

It's a little confusing, because now we have two methods of excluding
databasemetadata tests from upgrade, code in UpgradeRun or putting them
into a separate class.

I'll look at making it consistent, e.g. consistent naming in fixtures
and they all live in DatabaseMetaDataTest.

Dan.