db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: What fix version to use for fixes merged to the 10.3 branch?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:48:53 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> I think the Fix Versions for the 10.3 branch may need a little
>> tweaking in Jira.
>>
>> 10.3.1.4 is showing up as an "unreleased version", but it seems
>> like it ought to be moved to the "released version" section,
>> and I think maybe we need a new "unreleased version" value for
>> changes newly-merged to the 10.3 branch?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> bryan
>>
> Thanks for pointing this out, Bryan. I have marked 10.3.1.4 as
> released. I have also added 10.3.2.0 as the next release vehicle on
> the 10.3 branch.

I thought tradition was to bump the forth digit after release.
(10.3.1.5) and wait until shortly before the maintenance release to bump
to 10.3.2.0, to indicate the additional testing was done for the
maintenance release.   This is a useful model for users pulling fixes
off of the  maintenance branch, because the version shows that their
have been changes since the official release but no additional formal
testing done beyond the nightlies.

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/versionupgrade.html