db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Broken 10.3.1.4 download page
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:35:58 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I have managed to update the website with a broken download page for
> 10.3.1.4: http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.3.1.4.cgi You
> will see that the release page is cut off before it lists the
> distributions. Could someone who understands the intricacies of the
> release page take a look at this and give me advice on how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick
I think that the problem may be related to the following step, which I
skipped over. I skipped the step because I thought that the Forrest bug
had been fixed in my installation. I think I was wrong. In any event, I
can't remember from the last time I did this, where the html comments
live. Could someone refresh my memory? Thanks-Rick

"Due to [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-555]FOR-555, the HTML
comments which constitute the form template into which the mirrors.cgi
script splices in the mirror information will be removed by Forrest. It
is necessary to add these comments back in to the release page before
committing or letting the site go live on people.apache.org."