db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sample release announcement
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:06:20 GMT
Hi Rick -
Two thoughts for what they are worth regarding this bullet:
 o Adds builtin language-based ordering and LIKE processing.

Since you have to create a DB to specifically support this it might be
best to say:
  o Ability to create databases that supports alternate collation
sequences (non-UCS_BASIC).  These databases support language specific
ordering and LIKE processing.
   -- It also seems this might fit better in the Administration section
since it has to be specified when the Db is created.

And thanks for driving this release to completion.