db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Anurag shekhar <Anurag.Shek...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: contest for contributing to open source projects
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 17:36:09 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks for the clarifications, Anurag. It sounds as though students
> will assign themselves to JIRAs and attempt to make incremental
> progress on issues. I'm sensing that students will get points based on
> the number of patches they convince us to commit, and not on the
> number of issues they resolve.
They will be qualified for the small prize meant of every contributer as
soon as they get one
committed patch. But the grand prize will be based on the value one
contributer adds
by his contribution. This grand prize will be across all open source
project and will be
manually evaluated (number of contributions may be considered but it
won't be the only criterion)
> Are there any incentives to keep the students engaged with the
> community after the contest ends?
Nothing specifically is planned for this but hopefully few of them will
find it interesting enough
 to continue contributions.