db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: contest for contributing to open source projects
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 17:19:42 GMT
Thanks for the clarifications, Anurag. It sounds as though students will
assign themselves to JIRAs and attempt to make incremental progress on
issues. I'm sensing that students will get points based on the number of
patches they convince us to commit, and not on the number of issues they
resolve. Are there any incentives to keep the students engaged with the
community after the contest ends?

Anurag shekhar wrote:
> Student will have to register them self at mention the project they
> plan to participate and
> also provide the id which they will be using to submit patches. They
> can pickup and
> existing issue or a new issue. Any committed patch will be considered
> as one contribution.
> It will be upto students to defend the patch in developer mailing list.
> They will need help similar to any contributer needs from the
> community (like getting
> doubt clarified, review and commit of patch)
> anurag
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Anurag shekhar wrote:
>>> SUN India is planning a contest for students to contribute to some
>>> select open source projects. Will it be ok if apache derby is
>>> included in it ?
>>> The contest will be starting sometimes in aug and will last for 4-5
>>> month.
>>> Each contributer will receive a small award there will be few early
>>> bird awards
>>> and a grand prize for most valuable contributer.
>>> anurag
>> Hi Anurag,
>> Could you give us more details about what you expect the students
>> will do and what kind of support they will need from the community?
>> Thanks,
>> -Rick

View raw message