db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: reg: DatabaseMetaData.getTables()
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:15:47 GMT
>     ResultSet rs1 = databaseMetaData.getTables("", null, "%", null);
>
>         I am getting the syntax error in the last line.
>     The Error is:
>         Syntax error: Encountered "ORDER" at line 1, column 815

This sounds like a build problem to me. Under the covers, the getTables()
method invokes a system procedure to retrieve the table information
from the system catalogs, and perhaps the syntax error is somehow coming
from that getTables() call. Perhaps you somehow have code which doesn't
match the proper version of the system procedure against the code stored
in the database tables.

Do you have the full stack-trace of the error?

I'd suggest:
  - doing an ant clobber, then rebuilding your source tree
  - then removing and recreating all of your test databases.

thanks,

bryan