db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: List existing databases
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:35:39 GMT
Nuno Carvalho <nunomrc@di.fc.ul.pt> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to list the existing databases of derby. Can someone help me
> on this? Is there a way to query the list of available created
> databases or is this information is this information available inside

The databases are booted individually inside a Derby system. The
databases are essentially self contained. Even inspecting the file
system under the default location ${derby.system.home} doesn't
necessarily find all databases created, since they may be created and
accessed using explicit paths. It would be possible to list databases
*booted* in the present Derby system, but as far as I know there is no
such functionality.

Dag