db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.3 updates to SQLvsDerbyFeatures
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:30:12 GMT
Hi Bernt,

I looked at F691 Collation and translation and IMO we still can not claim
yes for that feature. I searched the net and found the following SQL doc
http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/dbms/Data/Papers-Other/SQL1999/ansi-iso-9075-2-1999.pdf.
This pdf talks about F691. (From pdf documentation page number 986) F691
requires support for COLLATE clause, CREATE COLLATION, DROP COLLATION which
Derby 10.3 does not support. I have not been able to find more info on F692
and F451 but I do not think we support those either because I did not add
any support for character set definition or any other SQL syntax support for
collation.

Mamta